1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Freaky...this actually happened to me this weekend!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tigi, Feb 3, 2008.

1. tigi

tigi New commenter

How odd is this?

I found a purse walking through a London suburb, as I was on my way out of town I put it in my suitcase and decided to hand it in when I got home (I was in a hurry to catch a train to my holiday!). I then totally forgot about it all holidays and only saw it again when I unpacked my suitcase three weeks later. I opened the purse to look for any ID that I could use to contact the person and return it, there were a few pence, and a few cards. A business card caught my eye; it was the card of my hubby?s good friend from his Oxford days (we live in Surrey now!) two other cards I noticed, one for a taxi company and another for an optician?s, both in the small welsh town where hubby grew up I asked him if he recognized the cards, and it was his optician and a company he used a lot when a bit younger. I the showed him the rest of the purse, in it were several of his credit cards, and National Insurance card and Driving Licence that had been reported stolen by him over six years ago!

How odd is that?

2. tigi

tigi New commenter

How odd is this?

I found a purse walking through a London suburb, as I was on my way out of town I put it in my suitcase and decided to hand it in when I got home (I was in a hurry to catch a train to my holiday!). I then totally forgot about it all holidays and only saw it again when I unpacked my suitcase three weeks later. I opened the purse to look for any ID that I could use to contact the person and return it, there were a few pence, and a few cards. A business card caught my eye; it was the card of my hubby?s good friend from his Oxford days (we live in Surrey now!) two other cards I noticed, one for a taxi company and another for an optician?s, both in the small welsh town where hubby grew up I asked him if he recognized the cards, and it was his optician and a company he used a lot when a bit younger. I the showed him the rest of the purse, in it were several of his credit cards, and National Insurance card and Driving Licence that had been reported stolen by him over six years ago!

How odd is that?

3. Wow, how weird but cool!

4. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer New commenter

very freaky indeed!

5. spooky

6. Freaky, a walking purse! ;)

7. OMG! You found your own husbands stolen cards? Did he give you a reward for finding them?

8. tigi

tigi New commenter

i wish!

It wasn't in the same wallet (a woman's purse) and they were nicked from a restaurent in 2001!

9. Why does your husband have a purse? and why didn't you recognise his name on the driving licence?

10. I'm quite confused now.

11. I am confused - I thought his cards were in the "rest of the purse"?

12. Totally bizarre! So the restaurant must be local to you and the woman who stole it local to you, but for you to then find it before anyone else...! And why would she keep all those things?

13. what restaurant!

14. The one the wallet was stolen from.

15. You should try to piece things together.

Is it a suburb you visit a lot? What is the connection between the location where you found it and the loss / theft?

If it was not the same wallet / purse, how did his cards get into this wallet / purse?

16. It is rather scary because for you to actually find it before anyone else, in what would be a very busy place, if it had been there a while, is odd. So the assumption is that it had only just been dropped or had purposely been dropped for you to find it as the person knew you were walking that way; therefore, is it someone you know?

17. I have a horrible image of your husband being secretly stalked by whoever stole his cards. she left the purse where she knew you would find it and while you are on here, typing away, there is a tap on the window ...LOCK ALL THE DOORS NOW

18. They were my thoughts, too... minus the tap on the window.

19. Also, I'm assuming as they weren't mentioned, that there were no ID or credit cards belonging to the thief in the purse.

20. but that still doesn't explain the random connection to the optician's card or the friend's business card

hmmmm
    *lights pipe and puts on deerstalker*