1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Frankie Boyle's NWO 2018 Review

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hs9981, Dec 29, 2018.

1. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

sodalime likes this.
  2. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

Thanks, I'll watch that this evening :)

3. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Thanks for the advance warning. Will avoid.

freckle06 and Jesmond12 like this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

"Paradoxically, I think Brexit will actually lead to less nationalism: economic collapse meaning that borders lose all their current toxicity, as they’re constantly redrawn in a never-ending struggle between regional warlords, antibiotic-resistant microbes and organ-harvesting cyborgs. Our children will have less inclination to dwell on skin colour as they’ll be preoccupied with appeasing the whims of some pitiless, scab-encrusted Cyclops waving a horse’s hoof nailed to a broomstick, roaring for fresh meat as he plays his three-note national anthem on a ribcage xylophone."

I don't usually laugh at anything Brexit related, but that was funny...

5. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

:D:D:D
    Didn't wait until this evening . . . top notch stuff, spot on as usual.

6. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

Mr Boyle is a national treasure.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  7. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

Ver, VERY near the line in places. Was both crying with laughter and reaching for the off switch.

8. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Perhaps he should be locked up in the Tower of London with the crown jewels, in that case. Then people who enjoy hearing his lavatory humour, his making fun of disabled children and his cackling over jokes about rapists and pedophiles outside junior schools could pay to hear them direct from the horse's mouth. (Although that is a bit of an insult to horses).

oldsomeman likes this.
  9. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

I guess Michael Mcintyre is more your kind of cuppa. Mr Boyle will be down for an MBE when Harry takes the throne!

10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Forgot it was on. Will watch tomorrow.

Which comedians do you like, florian?

11. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

12. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/22/frankie-boyle-review-2018-forget-brexit
    Boyle covers a wide range of subjects:

‘It is at times like those that we will remember the work of Dominic Raab, who resigned in November, having decided that he could not endorse a deal that he himself had negotiated. Raab didn’t want to be Brexit secretary, but he didn’t have the negotiating skills to decline the job.’

‘Perhaps some idea of how Britain intends to deal with the post-Brexit world is encapsulated in the Dickensian figure of the secretary of state for international trade, Dr Liam Fox, a man for whom Another Day, Another Dollar means the proposed minimum wage in our trade agreement with the US. You might wonder how a former doctor can cheerfully promote arms sales. Luckily, Liam’s brain has plenty of experience hosting seemingly irreconcilable contradictions: such as believing we should all stand on our own two feet, while claiming expenses of three pence for a 100-metre car journey in 2012. Liam Fox manages to be a grotesque moral nihilist and yet, somehow, not even the worst Dr Fox. Like me, he was raised on an Irish Catholic council estate in Scotland. It’s these sliding-doors moments where I have to thank alcoholism for denying me the focus to become a genocidal sociopath.’
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/oct/06/tory-liam-fox-expenses-car-journey

‘Of course the NFL players are not actually protesting the flag. That would be as pointless as arguing with a sock, screaming at a table cloth, or a whole bunch of other stuff Trump probably does on a daily basis. The protest was originally about racial justice, and black people being shot dead by the police. You have to ask yourself how abusive a relationship has to be if even kneeling in silence is too provocative, how you are valued in a country where even the statement that your life matters ignites furious dissent.’

‘Of course Donald Trump trundled out in front of the cameras like a corpse on a Segway and announced: “We are with Saudi Arabia, we are staying with Saudi Arabia.” I honestly think that the Republican establishment is just coming to terms with how useful Trump is – realising that this troll-doll King Lear, who looks like something you’d pick off a baking tray after cooking pizza above it, can say the things that they themselves would like, or find useful to say, but can’t because of some vestigial attachment to decency. The Republicans’ current attitude to Trump is of turning a blind eye to your racist builder because you just need to get the conservatory finished.’

Mrsmumbles, sodalime and InkyP like this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Finally got round to watching this on youtube...

5 minutes in and ... nothing funny has been said yet? ... This isn't looking too good.

14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

The above, though not creasing me up in a belly laugh, would have made me smile wryly at the observation, if only because I agree. What's Yr probwith it? Not Inbetweeners-y enough?

InkyP likes this.
  15. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I love him big much.

16. Mrsmumbles

Well he has the builder bottom for it, so....

17. Mrsmumbles

I agree that his disabled and paedo jokes are unacceptable.

18. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

Compare Frankie to this. ^ Black and white. The chap with the webbed hands is great, the albino so so, but the one legged Aussie.....A step too far!

19. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Those who revile FB, and there are many, are possibly missing that difference between deriding and maligning; there is a chasm in reasoning between clever lusty satire and intellectualised snowflakery. (Even though it's a fairly useful distinction if you want to live long and prosper.)
    Or in other words, you either laugh a lot at him, or when he appears you suddenly cram you mouth with a wad of cut lemons and pull your handbag unnecessarily close before he's even said anything.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019