1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

France and other countries added to the UK quarantine list

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Aug 13, 2020.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

People coming to the UK (or returning to the UK) from France, the Netherlands, Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba will need to quarantine for 14 days from 04:00 on Saturday.

agathamorse likes this.
  2. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Having arrived back in England from the Philippines four days after quarantine was belatedly introduced in June, and beng now in France, I can't say I'm surprised. I would be very surprised to find that the authorities did anything to enforce it.

ilovesooty and nomad like this.
  3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Travelling against FCO advice is more of an issue for me than the quarantine. My flight hasn't been cancelled and claiming on insurance would be tricky as one policy expires on the day I go out and I've renewed with a different provider and the policies actually overlap. The second policy is actually much more comprehensive than the original one but the excess is far higher and it wouldn't be worth claiming for the flights I don't think.

Changing the flights would be problematic as there isn't much choice, I'd have to pay a fee and I'd lose income all over again having already cancelled my work for going away.

I'm inclined to pay out for a one off policy that will cover me for this specific trip to Malta and go anyway. It would be less than the fee for a flight change. I can quarantine without any problems but don't want to travel without insurance.