1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Framework Site - Is it true?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by myoung82, Mar 15, 2011.

1. I have heard a few rumblings over the past few months that the online Literacy and numeracy strategies are going to be closed down in June 2011? Aware that they are not compulsary and that they have their pros and cons but can anyone shed any light on this? Surely the site is a fantastic resource for us to dip into?
    Anyone know anything more?
    Thanks!

2. I have also heard similar things
    This is an email from a friend of mine who is a county Maths advisor:
    "Was at meeting last week and National Strategy Senior Advisors talked about ‘getting resources from the site in case it DOES go’.
    Although, it has been mentioned before, first time I’ve heard it as directly as that: up until now, it’s been that it will remain in some form, with only resources that wouldn’t easily migrate being lost."

Time to start downloading.

3. We are taking useful stuff from it and saving it to the school drives.
    Last week the site completely disappeared then reappeared a few days later.
    With how much it is being messed around with you should sort out saving things sooner rather than later.
    As for it going completely....we were told by one of the framework staff that it goes with them when they all lose their jobs on the 31st March.

4. I have a user account registered there, and got this e mail earlier this week:

Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-GB
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

Dear
    Colleague,

This
    website will be closing down in June 2011. The contents of the site will
    be moved to the National Archives where they will still be accessible.

The
    first stage in the closedown of this site will be the removal of all
    ‘interactive elements’, including user log in, by the end of March 2011. These
    elements also include groups, discussions and the ability to track e-learning
    progress.

Best
    Wishes

[/b]

5. Out of curiosity about something or other I wanted to see a QCA scheme the other day;l did indeed find the schemes of work site in the national archives.
    Out of interest, what framework or guidelines does the new government want us to follow? Just the national curriculum? Am I being really slow? Or have they no idea?!

6. The only thing that has ever been statutory is the national curriculum. As far as we have been told there is nothing due to replace the frameworks.