1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fractions information morning for parents

Discussion in 'Primary' started by talulabell, Feb 8, 2016.

1. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

I just wondered if anyone had done anything similarI and what information they had included. I'm going to go through the expectations for each year group and then go through calculating with fractions.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

You might find that many parents do not understand fractions or decimals unless they work where such ideas are used.Percentages maybe but i doubt that as well.
    I would have a quiet word with a few parents you can ask and see how they feel.Chances are they might recognise the numeral.but not able to use them to work out sums and problems.
    From past experience I have found parents will promise but dont always deliver.for whatever reason.
    You could on the other hand send a note home telling them what you intend without having a meeting and saving you a lot of time.
    Best of luck

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Meant to say plenty of worksheets on sites to help with ideas such as Primary resources

4. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

I think that what you include depends on the purpose of this session. What is the purpose?