1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Stage reports

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by CTomlinson, May 28, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Im looking to update my reports but I'm a bit stuck for inspiration as to how! I wondered if anybody had a good one that they would be willing to share with me?

Many thanks

2. jen77

jen77 New commenter

We use the reports on the e-profile - we add a paragraph at the beginning, personalising it to that child, then pad out the statements of the areas of learning, giving a target of next steps at the end of each one. Taken us a few years to perfect it but I think it's a tool which does it all for you so why not [​IMG]

3. dbu

dbu New commenter

we have used a format in the foundation stage for the last few years that has now been adopted by the rest of the school.
    we have an a4 sheet portrait which then has a box for each area of learning in which we put 2 or 3 highlights.
    For example:
    KUW highlights
    ie. How you would come and tell me everyday that you had checked on the seeds and noticed the little details when they started to grow.
    we then have a statement at the bottom of each box that says, XXX is working within the early learning goals for this area. we change the wording to reflect attainment of each area. we put next steps on for PSED CLL and PSRN.
    the parents love them - hence why now done through school, and as a parent myself i find them a lot more personal and special to look back on as it gives specific examples not just boring bland statements.
    Hope you manage to find something to suit.

4. Wow, that sounds great dbu, can you put up a link for an example please?!

5. In the throes of mine today - being on here is an avoidance tactic.
    Don't think you'd like to do what we do as it turns into about 2 sides of A4, describing where they are, and what they could do next in CLL and PSRN and what strengths or otherwise they have in the other areas of learning, with PSED being the more personal of the statements. I could put up an example but it sounds more long-winded than other peoples'.
    What I do to make it less onerous is to have last years' reports, and start each child's report with one from last year, find and replace the name and then go through it changing the bits that don't fit the child I'm doing.
    I've just done one of my 'challenging behaviour' children from last years' 'challenging behaviour' boy's report and it was quite astonishing how similar they were, so I could use most of it straight off. Like I said though, I do make sure I change everything that needs to be different.
    Only done 4 out of 30, but planning to have doubled that number by the end of this afternoon!!

6. Oooh, thought that was my naughty little secret! [​IMG]

7. I've done just over 1/5 ! I've done 7 now and I'm stopping for today. I like the number 7 and anyway my wrist hurts to type now.