1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Stage report comments

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by tricky7, May 27, 2007.

1. As it it that time of year to start reports I wonder if anyone has a good bank of comments that they use when writing their Foundation reports.

I am new to Foundation, having been in Year 1, and am starting by reports this week. We are using e-profile and writing a comment for each area.

CLL - will comment on S+L, letters, reading and writing etc

Do you comment about their fine motor, e.g playdough etc under creative or physical

I look forward to hearing some ideas

jon_tricky7@hotmail.co.uk

2. As it it that time of year to start reports I wonder if anyone has a good bank of comments that they use when writing their Foundation reports.

I am new to Foundation, having been in Year 1, and am starting by reports this week. We are using e-profile and writing a comment for each area.

CLL - will comment on S+L, letters, reading and writing etc

Do you comment about their fine motor, e.g playdough etc under creative or physical

I look forward to hearing some ideas

jon_tricky7@hotmail.co.uk

3. Hi,
    You just write a few main points for all 6 areas of learning.
    I found my reports time consuming but fine thinking of comments.
    I just struggle when I have to try and say in a nice way that a child may be a bit of a monkey!!
    Try to put a positive with a negative and basically just write a couple of sentences on each area and a photo and it fills up a side of A4.
    Good luck

4. Thanks

We are using e profile which already comments on the profile points

I was only going to put a few lines for CD, PD, KUW, PSED commenting on work they may have done well or particularly enjoyed e.g floating or sinking.

I think the biggest comments will be the CLL comment as there is a lot more to write about and also the general comment

5. Pinklaydee, try this......
    X has an enormous amount of energy which he/she sometimes finds difficult to channel in a positive manner.