1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Stage Profile

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hyssop_puppy, Feb 2, 2012.

1. In that case, by the end of Nursery I would expect some children to have achieved a (very) few Early Learning Goals, mostly maths with a couple of PSED ones maybe.
    I would be fairly surprised if Nursery children were achieving them this early in the year, but it's not unheard of.
    And I do know how to spell receive!!

2. receive?

3. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Just incase you don't know, you shouldn't be using the FSP in pre-school settings. It's not an appropriate document for nursery age children as it is a summative assessment of what children can do at the END of year R. You should be using Development matters and handing over whether they are achieving/exceeding their age and stage band. I'm sure you knew that though! Just making sure cause some of our feeder settings still hand these up.

4. The LA I work in does a great deal with all the PVI settings in using Development Matters, and a recording system that has moved us towards consistency of records being passed up to schools.