1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Stage Interview advice please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by jelly belly, May 11, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone,
    I have an interview next Tuesday for a nursery or a reception post. I have been told that i will be spending 30 mins working with a group of reception children and i do not need to plan or prepare for anything.
    So, has anyone experienced this type of scenario and how did you approach it? I am guessing they will be watching how i interact with the group of children? Would you agree?
    So i will introduce myself and ask who they are and emphasise how lovely it is too meet them as i've heard such good things about what they do in this class. Thinking if practical activity to ask open questions, get them thinking about what might happen if?, offer praise, feedback, suggest improvements, self assess.
    Am i on the right track do you think? Should i take stickers to enhance praise at the end? Should i take my puppet to use as an engaging strategy and use it to commend their good (i hope) behaviour? Or am i going OTT? [​IMG]
    Any suggestions welcomed!!
    Jo.

2. I think they might want to see how confidently you support child-initiated learning ensuring children progress when involved in independent activities. You will need to be careful to keep a balance between intervening to enhance play and allowing the children to lead.