1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Schools, Academies, Trust Schools?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by MathsDiva, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Sorry if this is a daft question:

What are foundation and trust schools in relation to maintained schools? and if you are employed by one, how would you expect that to affect things like your terms and conditions, pay scale, length of service etc.

I think I understand the academy side of things: a maintained school has standard terms and conditions, MPS, your length of service carries across any LEA, whereas each academy will have their own terms and conditions, pay scale, and length of service only counts for that academy.

Where would foundation and trust schools fit into this?

Thank you for any enlightenment.

2. Hi,
    Sorry if this is a daft question:

What are foundation and trust schools in relation to maintained schools? and if you are employed by one, how would you expect that to affect things like your terms and conditions, pay scale, length of service etc.

I think I understand the academy side of things: a maintained school has standard terms and conditions, MPS, your length of service carries across any LEA, whereas each academy will have their own terms and conditions, pay scale, and length of service only counts for that academy.

Where would foundation and trust schools fit into this?

Thank you for any enlightenment.