1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation Phase Outcomes and P Scales

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by pili pala, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Can anyone help me with this p scales go up to 8 and then Foundation Phase outcome 4 takes over (Equivalent to NC level 1) Please could someone set me straight with which foundation phase outcome 1, 2 and 3 match with which p scale.

2. Can anyone help me with this p scales go up to 8 and then Foundation Phase outcome 4 takes over (Equivalent to NC level 1) Please could someone set me straight with which foundation phase outcome 1, 2 and 3 match with which p scale.

3. There is a document in the EYFS materials somewhere that shows how P scales and EYFS points match but are you aware that P scales should not be used in mainstream schools until part way through Year 1?

4. Thanks Janedd I'll google it. The rec/nurs teacher says some of her children are functioning at below Foundation and is considering P scales for them. I wanted to try and marry them but I cant see how you can. At what p scale could you say Foundation phase (As it is in Wales) Outcome 1 is. I'm pondering.

5. Have just posted a reply to your query in EYFS forum. Please read, I think it will help you.
    Regards