1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

foundation phase in year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by squshe, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I am panicking as I am a Year 2 Teacher in Wales. For the first time, a classroom assistant is being assigned full time as Foundation Phase is being rolled out. I am unsure how to deliver the lessons, make the most of the classroom assistant, organise the planning and ensure the classroom is set up in a Foundation based way. Any ideas? Anything I have looked at is Early Years rather than for Year 2. I would really appreciate some advice.

2. I am panicking as I am a Year 2 Teacher in Wales. For the first time, a classroom assistant is being assigned full time as Foundation Phase is being rolled out. I am unsure how to deliver the lessons, make the most of the classroom assistant, organise the planning and ensure the classroom is set up in a Foundation based way. Any ideas? Anything I have looked at is Early Years rather than for Year 2. I would really appreciate some advice.

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Teach your year 2's as you normally would. Seperate literacy, numeracy. Do topic work to cover creativity and K &U. P.E. comes seperate as well, P.S.H.W.B. and Welsh development should be throught everything you do. Use the TA as you see fit, supporting a group, washing up, wiping noses, having a laugh with.
    As for setting up the classroom, copy the year 1 class to some extent but put less stuff out.
    Foundation phase doesn't suit year 2 in mny opinion, it's time for them to do some serious learning.