1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foundation degree in primary teaching

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by kirstieamba, Jul 29, 2015.

1. kirstieamba

kirstieamba New commenter

Hi,

I'm after some advice

4 years ago I qualified as a ta with a level 3 qualification after completing it I tried to find jobs and got nothing. Another different job offer happened (retail) and I've been there since. I have been tolling with the idea of furthering my education with a foundation degree with the open university and then perhaps topping it with a degree all relating to education. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this course (degree) and if they also went on to top up. Could you also use the result to start the process oof becoming the a teacher?

2. Hello . . . I as in the same situation as you a few years ago. I had completed my BTEC in Childcare but never worked in a school but at a local hospital. I then decided that I would further my education and enrolled onto a foundation degree in education at a local college, this was ideal as it was only one evening a week so that i could still work. After this I stayed at the college and completed my BA hons in Education which was also a part time course. In september im off to do a PGCE in Primary Education. this was a perfect way into teaching for me ?