1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Found old Unimatic Educam CNC router. Need software!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by olliecollins, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hello,

I've recently taken over a (much neglected) DT department in a boys' school, and have unearthed a CNC router. It's in perfect working order, but uses software called Galaad which requires a USB 'dongle' to operate fully (ie not in demo mode). I've managed to track down someone who used to work for the company who said he could provide me with such an item, but he has since become uncontactable....

Does anyone know how to get one of these machines running fully either with a Galaad dongle, or by using some other software?

Please help!

2. Hello,

I've recently taken over a (much neglected) DT department in a boys' school, and have unearthed a CNC router. It's in perfect working order, but uses software called Galaad which requires a USB 'dongle' to operate fully (ie not in demo mode). I've managed to track down someone who used to work for the company who said he could provide me with such an item, but he has since become uncontactable....

Does anyone know how to get one of these machines running fully either with a Galaad dongle, or by using some other software?

Please help!

3. If you contact G-Code technology they should be able to help.
    http://www.g-codetechnology.co.uk/ i think from memory they took over the unimatic machines and may be able to help.

4. Thanks benedict16, that's brilliant!

5. i have a similar issue

found a unimatic machine, got galaad software but cant set it up very easily

did you manage to get your machine to work?

6. I regularly use two different Unimatic Routers with Galaad and can offer advice Re. setting up if you let me know what problem you are encountering. What model of Unimatic are you referring to?

7. james_246

james_246 New commenter

Hi Rhandleydestech, ive just joined a dept with a Unimatic Pure 1, Im currently waiting for a reply from G-code for the dongle and Galaad software.

Can you use Techsoft 2D Design software?, or is the Galaad software an operating software for the machine? never heard of it before as have used Denfords or Rolands

thanks