1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Found a teaching job advertised on eteach which isn't on tes or council website?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by vou, Mar 28, 2011.

1. vou

vou

It's funny you should say that but I have the exact same experience!! I saw this advert on eteach - school from a nearby borough. Had a look around school and then decided to apply for it but didn't get it in the end. They even went to the trouble of taking copies of my qualifications so it was close!! I just thought they wanted to save some money by advertising on eteach inside of TES or other channels. It never occurred to me that they might have a candidate in mind already. If it's a job you're interested in go for it. You never know. Best of luck :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My first guess is that either money's tight (but then it costs virtually nothing to advertise on the local council website!) or they want to say 'we advertised' but already have someone in mind so just going thro' the mechanics.But the 'profile' for applications is so much in flux at present & they seem to come up with ever increasing 'creative ways' to fill posts.

3. All jobs in the Leeds area are via eteach, very very rarely do they appear on TES (seen maybe only 6 or 7 in the past six months or so, and usually for higher posts like key stage managers, etc). If you look on the council website for Leeds, it directs you to eteach anyway. Other jobs in my area which are on council websites are usually really poorly formatted - one council site is horrendous; every time you click on a link, then try to go back to the list again, it says the webpage has expired, so you need to type all the criteria in again - literally no other option!
    I don't think them advertising on eteach is because they've got someone in mind or that they want less people (one job advertised solely on there recently had over 500 applicants...) - it makes sense to advertise on a website which is dedicated to teaching and - as much as I love it - the TES is very expensive to advertise on. Makes sense to take the cheapest option in times of a shortage of money.
    If you like the look of it, go for it.

4. NNS

NNS New commenter

I found an ad that is only on e-teach, and not on TES, not on the council site, not even on the school website.

Im going to apply nevertheless, I mean, if I dont I won't get the job anyways, so no harm in trying...