1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Forward Plans Submission

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Missplus, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Missplus

Missplus New commenter

My brother works in a different authority to me and has been asked to submit full forward plan online to SMT for next week. All E's and O's and skills to be highlighted for every subject area, all groups accounted for. He works in primary and minimal uptake online from pupils. Staff stressing -surely impossible to teach all this and a huge waste of time?

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Speak to your union rep, and good luck.

3. aypi

aypi Senior commenter

Several approaches used in my past.
    1 "Forget"
    2 Ask for an example, (then further clarification)
    3 Send it in, but only spend 5 mins doing it at stick random Es and Os at the end
    Is there not advice about the need to submit planning somewhere? ie planning is for the teacher?

sicilypat and bigjimmy2 like this.
  4. Missplus

Missplus New commenter

Thanks for your replies-I have sent him LA Union rep details as school rep moved on and hasn’t been replaced. Seems to have a high turnover of staff. All I could find was daily and weekly plans are for teacher and not to be handed in. I’m still looking-wondered if it can vary from authority to authority especially in these times. He’s been told they’ve to move to teaching online now. If their uptake is anything like ours then there won’t be many at the other end of the lesson.

5. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

I wonder why, he says cynically

Unions have published guidance on home working, read it carefully

Why are SMT so keen on having staff submit ludicrous forward plans? Because with no face to face contact with colleagues, they are struggling to exert their "authority" at present. Everyone is effectively equal, shut away at home on their laptops, and they intensely dislike it. They can't really micro-manage you at your kitchen table.

6. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Missplus, a thought: is your bro working in a Scottish school?

7. Missplus

Missplus New commenter

Yes he is. He’s not been teaching for long and in a different authority to me so all their F Plans are online whereas we use paper copies.