1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Formula One in trouble..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivartheboneless, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Does that mean greedy b******s won't make as many billions out of it, and lewis Hamilton will have to sell one of his private jets?

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Have no interest in Formula 1 these days - it got boring a few years ago and hasn't improved.

peter12171 and Norsemaid like this.
  3. gainly

gainly Star commenter

More likely they will furlough all the engineers and other similar people.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

"What do we want?!"
    "Racing car noises!"
    "When do we want 'em?!"
    "Neeeeeeeeeeeooow!"

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Not bothered, really.

Formula One cars use normal petrol rather than alcohol-based fuel like racing in the USA.

That and the ridiculous cost of flying the vehicles, crews, motorhomes, etc., around the world must make it the least green sport on the planet.

Happy to see it go.

knitone likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

I thought they were all making ventilators for the NHS?

7. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Not strictly ventilators. Mercedes F1 are manufacturing the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure device developed by UCL that saves having to put patients onto ventilators. The first 40 were delivered for testing last week. If trials go well they expect to make 1000 a day, starting in a week's time.

[​IMG]

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My bucket of cares is empty! Empty I tellsya!

[​IMG]

Aquamarina1234, jellycowfish and WB like this.
  9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Formula 1 was due to disappear off Terrestrial TV very soon anyway.

It's a sport that is unnecessary.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Inspired by the virtual Grand National, Bernie Ecclestone has devised an alternative to protect his profit margins:

[​IMG]

lanokia, chelsea2 and jellycowfish like this.
  11. WB

WB Senior commenter

I saw this on the new today.

Just before there was a woman who runs a B&B in Brighton talking about how here business was going under.

I'd imagine she has spent 20 years working hard to build up her B&B and it's about to be ripped from her along with her livelihood and pension.

I have no issue with F1 but my sympathy is elsewhere. Somehow I feel sure F1 will be around next year - many small businesses will not.

peter12171 likes this.
  12. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Hmmmm .....

Formula 1 mogul Bernie Ecclestone is on track to become a father again at 89, he revealed on Friday. The baby boy's big sister will be 65. The car-racing billionaire told Britain's PA Media that his Brazilian wife, Fabiana Flosi, 44, is expecting a son this summer.

magic surf bus likes this.
  13. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

All you Monday morning cynics! Despite the poor eco show and the power hold of finance, Formula 1 still represents something deeper to the enthusiast-it's the affiliation, the fan base, the thrill of the chase!
    So maybe we need to try smaller scale racing at home, divest ourselves of all this corporate gloom tainting the honour of noble and pure sport. Towards this sentiment I have started this morning already by racing snails in my back garden. Worked a treat. So I then tried to devise ways of improving performance, the first obvious one being streamlining. Be warned though-removing the shells for obvious aerodynamic enhancement will only make them more sluggish.

Rott Weiler, WB and harsh-but-fair like this.
  14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

They will have to kick the lodger out as they need his bedroom as a nursery!

15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

And the other six UK-based F1 teams in Project Pitlane are also working to aid the UK’s efforts to treat patients suffering from coronavirus. Those teams are Red Bull, Racing Point, Haas, McLaren, Renault and Williams.
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ealth-service-use.6Yx9lt3ADUMLwXr7UKDfYT.html

florian gassmann likes this.
  16. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I wonder what Fabiana saw in the billionaire Bernie Ecclestone?

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  17. Ivartheboneless

It is nowt to do with Ecclestone any more. He sold it to an American megacorp a couple of years ago. If it is no longer available to watch free I won't watch it. Usually I get a lovely afternoon nap though.

harsh-but-fair likes this.