1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Formal & Impersonal Writing linked to Superheroes??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Poppychick, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Poppychick

Poppychick New commenter

Hi all,
    I need to plan this unit for my bright Y5s but am finding it uninspiring. My idea was to somehow link to Superheroes but not sure how!? Was thinking if an incident happened they could complain about it in a formal way to the Superhero. Got lots of leaflets today from the Tourist Info but cannot imagine my boy-heavy Y5 class being into the virtual tour idea :(
    Please, please help or inspire! x

2. essentiallyprincess

essentiallyprincess New commenter

How about newspaper article interviewing a superhero?

3. Hi, I'm struggling to bring this unit to life as well for my very mixed y5/6 class for after SATs. Did you mange to plan a unit based on superheroes? It sounds a great idea. Can u post it on the site if u did!!!! If not I looked at the hamilton trust y6 unit and thought about adapting it and using some of the resources mentioned eg there are some virtual tours. I am thinking linking it to our History topic which will include a castle visit after half term. If it is any use I can send you the hamilton plan if you can't access it.
    I agree that it's an uninspiring topic! Best wishes!

4. I think there is some SuperHero resources on www.collaborativelearning.org
    I have used this to model getting children working and talking together - problem solving/imagination
    Hope it is of use x