1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Formal Capability

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by nams786, Apr 6, 2016.

  1. nams786

    nams786 New commenter

    Need advice on Formal Capability.

    The stress is too much I cannot go back after Easter.

    It started in early March 2016.

    Can it still be on my record if i leave and resign?

    Anyone can offer any Advise or help on this matter?
  2. TheoGriff

    TheoGriff Star commenter


    I am really sorry that you are in such a difficult situation.

    The best person to give advice here is your regional union representative. They will support you throughout the procedure and advise you what it is best to do in your circumstances, which they will know in detail.

    I will give you just one bit of advice: do take care not to publish on here details which might be enough to identify you or your school. This could be very distressing to you if that happened.

    Contact your union regional office right away. Keep strong, it's not the end of the world, others have come through this.

    Best wishes

    CWadd likes this.
  3. pepper5

    pepper5 Star commenter

    Definitely call your union at regional level as soon as you can.

    For someone to talk to 24/7 contact the Teacher Support Network.

    Like Theo said, others have come through. Take one day at a time and one step at a time.
  4. Michael_Westen

    Michael_Westen New commenter


    If you resign you can negotiate any kind of deal. Get in touch with a union rep asap and go from there.
  5. TheoGriff

    TheoGriff Star commenter

  6. thenorris

    thenorris New commenter

    My school told me that IC would not appear on any record.

    My union negotiated a contract release and I took it.

    If it is making you stressed, I would advise that you contact your Doctor and explain the situation, mine was excellent.

    Also, if you have told the school that IC is making you ill, ask them what support they have given you.

    I told my school several times that I was suffering from depression and stress caused by the (so called) "support program" and that is was not supportive. Then I went off with stress and my rep asked the school how the school supported me.

    I hoe that this helps, but please be aware, every situation is different.
  7. thenorris

    thenorris New commenter

    Sorry, just read that this is for formal capability.

Share This Page