1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Form tutor comments

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Rattikin, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hi
    I have my first of the year reports coming up and as a form tutor, I have to look at each students reports and make a comment.
    I haven't had any guidance on what I topics I should be covering.
    Firstly, ther is a section to fill in about uniform,then punctuality and lastly a general comment. Can anyone please help with a few tips, particularly on the last section?

2. Hi
    I have my first of the year reports coming up and as a form tutor, I have to look at each students reports and make a comment.
    I haven't had any guidance on what I topics I should be covering.
    Firstly, ther is a section to fill in about uniform,then punctuality and lastly a general comment. Can anyone please help with a few tips, particularly on the last section?

3. each school has diffferent expectations, so i would ask to see some examples from last year's reports, from a tutor who is good at that sort of thing. ask your mentor or HOY / HOH to suggest someone.
    it would be a bit pointless me showing you what we do, because what's expected of you could be completely different and then you'll have wasted your time.
    speaking of which ... if you have to proofread the reports, allow PLENTY of time! i did my year 11 reports the other week and it took about an hour per report including the comment.

4. X has an excellent/variable/dissapointing report. In particular PE/English/French stands out as being a particularly pleasing/dissapointing area where X is progressing well/letting themselves down. X's report shows that they are a capable student, it is dissapointing that they could not show this in all subjects.

X contributes well to the life of the school by regular attendence at hockey club. X might benefit from attending an extra-curricular club.