1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

forgotten scottish poem! Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by superkate, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Last year I was doing supply in a school and the kid's performed a great wee poem for me to show what they were doing for their Scotland week. I think it started along the lines, 'The fireworks at the castle go whoosh whoosh whoosh' and each line ended with a sound or action type word which was repeated 3 times. I'm pretty sure it also mentioned Irn Bru and babies greetin'm, but I can't remember the lines. Well, it's that time of year again and I'd love to find the poem to teach them. Anyone recognise it from my quite terrible description? Or are there any alternative suggestions for a P2 class with a very large number of EAL pupils? Thanks! xx

2. Last year I was doing supply in a school and the kid's performed a great wee poem for me to show what they were doing for their Scotland week. I think it started along the lines, 'The fireworks at the castle go whoosh whoosh whoosh' and each line ended with a sound or action type word which was repeated 3 times. I'm pretty sure it also mentioned Irn Bru and babies greetin'm, but I can't remember the lines. Well, it's that time of year again and I'd love to find the poem to teach them. Anyone recognise it from my quite terrible description? Or are there any alternative suggestions for a P2 class with a very large number of EAL pupils? Thanks! xx

3. Can I also apologise for writing *kid's* It is clearly too late and my forward planning has destroyed my last ounces of sense...

4. My initial thought is that it might be one the children made up themselves? My P2 class are probably doing a little singing dance called "My Wee Ring" http://scotssangsfurschools.webs.com/maweering.htm but if you find a good poem I'd be interested.