1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Forgiveness and Reconcilliation

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by gemmat87, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has got any creative ideas for a display based around christian values - forgiveness and reconcilliation.
    I teach Yr 5 and as part of a whole school focus we have a 'Christian Values Day' (we are a church of england school) my class have been given the topic of 'forgiveness' . I am planning on reading some parables - the unforgiving servant, the lost son, tax collector etc. Followed by role play activities etc.
    I need to produce a display on forgiveness and I would like to link this with the children completing some art work, however, I have no ideas of what the children could do that would look effective.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated

2. Why not take pictures of their role plays to use as part of the display and then have them do art work for the different parables.
    Or have them do a giant mindmap of examples of forgiveness
    Or have them complete a big storyboard of one of the parables- in groups each do a different section then put them all together.