1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Forest Schools?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cath1980, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Can anyone explain a bit more about forest schools? I have just moved from a city school to the worcestershire area and this seems to be something that I will have to understand a bit better.

Thanks

2. Can anyone explain a bit more about forest schools? I have just moved from a city school to the worcestershire area and this seems to be something that I will have to understand a bit better.

Thanks

3. do a search on here and on google

worcestershire are very hot on these. Where we're based groups of children are taken to wooded areas where they learn skills like fire setting, using tools etc and have a fantastic time with loads of fun. However measuring impact of a quite intensive and expensive experience isnt easy

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Everyone goes on courses for 'Forest school' and envisages tree-felling and hammock making while bonding round a Kelly Kettle. They end up going for nature walks and pressing leaves.

5. I dont know who is running their training as I have been on a FS training course with Archimedes and there was tree felling, camp fires, carving, tracking and stalking aniamals, puttung up tarps etc etc

The guy who teaching there has been trained by Ray Mears and has been all over the world and by god does he know his stuff, the next minute he can talk about how the brain works!!!