1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Forest Roleplay area

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kbingham1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hi.
    I'm a PGCE student and wanting to set up a forest role play area to tie in with our Fairy Stories topic. The children already have a castle as a reading corner but I want to extend this to a forest.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I could do this? Or have any pictures they would be willing to share? I would be so grateful! My email address is bingham_katie@hotmail.com

I have got some brown fabric to drape over a table to make a cave and green fabric for the floor. I have cuddly toys of forest animlas and minibeasts and a book box with information books/ stories related to forests. I also have a dress up box to put in with different fairytale characters!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Don't put real leaves in it - I did this once, years ago, and ended up with mice moving in!! The caretaker was not impressed!
    Rolled up and twisted sheets of newspaper painted make good, flexible branches. Children can make leaves with lots of different materials, but a nice one is painted hand prints, cut out.

3. teacherof30

teacherof30 New commenter

We've begged and borrowed artificial Christmas trees from people for our current scene. they look great. Maybe a possibility for part of your forest?

4. Wow! Thanks to you both for your ideas! I'm on the hunt for a couple of christmas trees now!! Love the idea of hand prints for the leaves as well! Thank you!