1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FORENSIC ODONTOLOGY/ANTHROPOLOGY

Discussion in 'Science' started by pink_reindeer, Aug 30, 2011.

1. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Has anyone taught this before? Does anyone have any good ideas for activities for the classroom suitable for BTEC:Investigating a Crime Scene? Thanks.

2. We teach a Forensic Science project to Year 8 & include a little bit of these subjects. We did some teeth moulds of teachers in plaster of Paris but these broke up quite easily.
    We do a lesson where we look at a few differences between the male and female skeletons - sadly it's using images but you can get some images of male and female skulls easily and make a simple quiz.
    We found some good resources from ZigZag education, they produce a pack full of lessons for Forensics.
    We are just starting BTEC this year and will probably be doing the Crime Scene unit but ot until next year.

3. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Thanks for your reply. Will check out zig-zag education now. If I can be of any help with your BTEC, let me know. Unfortunately I teach in a Welsh school so you would have to translate everything (back from the Welsh that I've translated from English!!), but I am happy to share!!