1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foreign Language Exchanges and boarding schools

Discussion in 'Independent' started by FrauSue, Mar 9, 2010.

1. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

If you run an exchange with a school abroad and teach in a boarding school, could you please leave me a message here or PM me? I'm currently looking at options for our own exchange and wondering what other schools do. We have very few spare beds so are thinking about accommodating our boarders' partners with day pupils instead, which will be quite tricky to organise, but currently looks like the best option as far as getting as many participants as possible goes.
    Do you use temporary beds e.g. camp beds for visiting pupils? Do they stay in dorms with current pupils or have their own accommodation? Do the accompanying teachers also stay in school?
    Thank you for your help!
    (Cross-posted: apologies to those of you who also read the MFL forum.)

2. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

I'm still looking for some information on this - I'd appreciate it if anyone has the time to let me know what their school does. Thanks.

3. Hi still looking for some info regarding foreign exchanges as I am running one and would be happy to answer any questions. please email me to mariposa2000uk@yahoo.com

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

As I recall, we farmed everything out to parents of day pupils (including overseas staff). Many were happy to put up at least two exchangees each.
    The most important thing to remember is the risk (or accusation) of serious child protection issues if you accommodate unchecked foreigners in a boarding house.