1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foreign Language Drama/Theatre Troupes?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by tammyround, Feb 25, 2011.

1. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

Does anyone know of any British based foreign language drama troupes?
    I am introducing German at a primary school next year and I want to use some of my budget to book a drama group to come in and act out a play for the whole school/KS2. I hope this will launch language learning and make it as multi-sensory as possible.
    Whilst I am actually introducing German as the main language, I would be interested in any information about any MFL drama groups. As it's a primary something really well known would be great, such as Golilocks or Hansel and Gretel, but I am happy to take any advice anyone might have to offer. I hope other teachers out there might have done something like this.
    If there are none that can come to Birmingham I might have to find a backup option of approaching a local secondary and asking them to get some pupils to act out a basic play. It might be a fun project for more able pupils at KS3 or a GCSE group. I did this previously as I am a secondary trained MFL teacher working in primary. Are you in a Birmingham secondary and interested in such a project?
    Thanks for any ideas you can pass on.

2. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

Does anyone know of any British based foreign language drama troupes?
    I am introducing German at a primary school next year and I want to use some of my budget to book a drama group to come in and act out a play for the whole school/KS2. I hope this will launch language learning and make it as multi-sensory as possible.
    Whilst I am actually introducing German as the main language, I would be interested in any information about any MFL drama groups. As it's a primary something really well known would be great, such as Golilocks or Hansel and Gretel, but I am happy to take any advice anyone might have to offer. I hope other teachers out there might have done something like this.
    If there are none that can come to Birmingham I might have to find a backup option of approaching a local secondary and asking them to get some pupils to act out a basic play. It might be a fun project for more able pupils at KS3 or a GCSE group. I did this previously as I am a secondary trained MFL teacher working in primary. Are you in a Birmingham secondary and interested in such a project?
    Thanks for any ideas you can pass on.

3. We use Onatti theatre group. They travel throughout the UK. We are a secondary school so the level might be higher than what you need.
    website below
    http://www.bardlet.freeserve.co.uk/
    Hope this helps

4. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

Thanks a lot - I will give them a try x