1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Forced Hard Federation of two Primary schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by StinkaBelle, May 29, 2012.

  1. Hi, i am new to this forum and am seeking advice.
    I am a parent governor at my children's local primary school. Recently we where faced with a proposal for closure but after a massive uproar from stakeholders the LA has backed off and given us a new proposal of both schools downsizing to 1 form entry but also this will only happen if both sets of governors form a Hard Federation. We already share an executive head.
    We are very wary on both sides because of issues we have already had with the LEA, caused by lack of communication about the original proposal and feasibility report which suggested that we would be the school to close, even though we had a better Ofsted report and more children on role. Their only excuse was a lack of green space.
    They have released the latest proposal before all Governors had a chance to see it, and the majority of our community are under the impression that our school is saved even though whether or not we will Federate has yet to be decided on both sides. as you can imagine confusion rules right now, and LEA operatives who deliberately avoid answering questions in a straight forward and honest manner do not help!
    Does anyone have experience with HF?What are the pro's and con's.
    We want to do right by our staff and children but are really concerned about the future of our school after being railroaded into HF.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.
     
  2. Hi, i am new to this forum and am seeking advice.
    I am a parent governor at my children's local primary school. Recently we where faced with a proposal for closure but after a massive uproar from stakeholders the LA has backed off and given us a new proposal of both schools downsizing to 1 form entry but also this will only happen if both sets of governors form a Hard Federation. We already share an executive head.
    We are very wary on both sides because of issues we have already had with the LEA, caused by lack of communication about the original proposal and feasibility report which suggested that we would be the school to close, even though we had a better Ofsted report and more children on role. Their only excuse was a lack of green space.
    They have released the latest proposal before all Governors had a chance to see it, and the majority of our community are under the impression that our school is saved even though whether or not we will Federate has yet to be decided on both sides. as you can imagine confusion rules right now, and LEA operatives who deliberately avoid answering questions in a straight forward and honest manner do not help!
    Does anyone have experience with HF?What are the pro's and con's.
    We want to do right by our staff and children but are really concerned about the future of our school after being railroaded into HF.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.
     

Share This Page