1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Forced academisation: the reality. Essential reading.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Middlemarch, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If there's anyone who doesn't believe that forced academisation is backdoor privatisation of the education system, in order to allow access to the education budget by companies - read this.

If you don't believe that it is designed to remove any kind of local accountability, parental influence or school individuality (the big lie about "autonomy" is also here) - read this.

https://disidealist.wordpress.com/2...-privatised-without-anyone-noticing/#more-694

Shedman, slingshotsally and sally90 like this.
  2. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

@Middlemarch Thanks for that. Someone did post this a few days ago, but I think it disappeared somewhere.

It is excellent

3. WJClarkson

WJClarkson Occasional commenter

An excellent read, if I may say so myself. I will never work for an MAT. I work in a stand-alone academy at the moment, but if it's ever is pushed into an MAT, I'll walk. I will NEVER work for an MAT.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Easy to say - may mean an alternative career.

5. WJClarkson

WJClarkson Occasional commenter

I'd rather work in Sainsbury's than a MAT. It's better to have principles and no money, than money and no principles.

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Shedman and install like this.
  7. install

install Star commenter

Well done Scintillant -a great find...

Anonymity and wanet like this.
  8. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

'anyone who believes that schooling is a key public service which is far too important to be privatised, should be fighting this with every ounce of their being'.

Agree.

Lets see what response the union call for industrial action gets. Unfortunately I am not optimistic.

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I read this when you posted it over on Personal... good reading.