1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

For those who watch Eastenders

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, May 8, 2012.

1. Is anyone else SICK of the Lauren storyline - what's the point?

2. Is anyone else SICK of the Lauren storyline - what's the point?

3. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I'm a bit fed up with it - can't see what else they've got to say about her and her problems. She'll either sort herself out or she'll come to a sticky end!
    I'm also fed up of the Ben storyline - just hoping that gets resolved before it drags on much longer.

4. I hate it when they get a new actor to take on a character - the personality of the character changes completely. Case in point: Lauren, Ben and Lucy. Totally different. And all annoying.

5. gargs

gargs Star commenter

True!

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

And why don't the writers give poor Whitney a break?

7. At least she does something other than get pi$$ed now and then. Sheesh. I do secretly love Eastenders but seriously!? A mate form uni has written an episode which has been filmed and due to be aired soon - hopefully he's killed them all off!

8. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Oh dear! You watch Eastenders? I stopped when thingy left Lofty at the altar.
    Now Disguise, you aren't enjoying it - give it up. Be brave. [​IMG]

9. It makes my life look positive!

10. dozymare1957

I see your point. I just couldn't face it again when poor Lofty got his heart broken.

11. Who is Lofty?!

12. dozymare1957

Way, way back.
    Michelle was friends with Sharon. Sharon had been adopted by Dirty Den and Angie. Dirty Den did the dirty with Michelle and she got pregnant. Lofty was a very sweet boy who offered to marry Michelle. She literally left him standing at the altar. It was so sad. I decided if the scriptwriters could do that to Lofty then I couldn't watch it again as they were obviously just going make horrible things happen to everyone.

13. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Oh gosh, Lofty is from years ago. He was a sweet, nerdy guy who offered to marry Michele Fowler when she got pregnant with Den's baby (if I remember right). Wasn't that when Arthur stole the Christmas Club money to pay for the wedding that she backed out of?

14. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Poor Lofty - years of making his mark and all we can remember is that he was 'sweet'!

15. Ah ok, thanks! I was a wee nipper when all that happened - was this pre or post frying pan in the face for Arthur Fowler?

16. dozymare1957

That makes me feel very old! LOL
    No idea about frying pan incident.
    The non wedding was in 1985 according to Wikipedia

17. I was 2! Eek!

18. Tom Watt. He now has an excellent career as a top flight sports writer & presenter.
    Fret not, dozy - he has gone on to far, far better things. ;-)

19. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Me too!
    Rumour has it Sharon will be back soon.

20. Terrible acting but here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyaeQe8DJVw