1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

For the curvy among us

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pinkflipflop, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Oops, wrong forum! [​IMG]

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOLOLOL

They are bravissimo as it happens. Bravissimo wanted to expand their range of clothes.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Thanks, just what I need.

4. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

That looks good - I might actually get a dress that fits, without having to choose one that looks like a tent.

5. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Not that this was meant for this forum but . . . .

Why are people that don't look like you not 'normal'?

6. Thanks for the link, I have just ordered their catalogue.[​IMG]

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

They have a sale on right now, as do Bravissimo.
    Oh dear, I feel I may have spent too much money!

8. Wow, talk about take a word completely out of context!

9. Milgod

Why use it then? It seems to be fine in today's world to call 'curvy' women - real/normal women. As if those who aren't shaped that way are not real, true women.

10. I just meant it in terms of 'normal' UK high street clothes sizes. I said nothing about any particular shape or size being normal.

11. Milgod

You felt the need to clarify to people that they were 'normal' high street sizes? Is that because of all the sites out there that don't sell normal sizes?

12. Milgod

If I have mis-inderstood your comment then I apologise but my anger only stems from my experiences in the staffroom and on TV.

13. Crikey. Relax!
    All I meant was this site sells the clothes in normal uk sizes with added room for curves. So those of us who struggle to fit into certain styles of clothes (e.g. a shirt) in every high street store selling normal uk sizes might be able to fit into these.

14. violingirl

violingirl New commenter

Take a chillpill milpod!

15. Exactly how I read it! Normal as in, sizes 8-20 or whatever you can usually find in New Look, but with more space up top for well endowed ladies so they don't have to buy things that either hang straight down off them, or that they pop out of!!
    (Not that I have that problem, unfortunately! [​IMG])

16. Thanks. I thought I was going mad! Couldn't work out at all what the argument was even about.
    Next time I'll use the word 'standard' seeing as 'normal' caused so much bloody controversy.

17. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOLOL Good idea!

You got to remember slimmer people with few/no curves are just as sensitive about their shape and size as those who are chubbier and curvier. We do keep hearing 'normal' and 'real' as meaning those with curves or a little overweight. Drives me nuts, even though I have been 'real' and am presumably now (after a fabulous diet) imaginary?

Bit like 'living in the real world' means living on a rough estate with high crime. I've never done that either...

18. I still don't understand how anyone could get that from my first post. If anything surely it would suggest that those without curves are normal?

19. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nor do I, stop fretting. You've done nothing wrong.

But once one misreads posts and takes offence where none is meant (I know, cos I am good at this!) re-reading it correctly is actually quite hard.

Still think the funniest thing is you posted it on this forum! Got to be the most entertaining thread on Primary in ages!

20. Glad to be of service [​IMG]
    I was convinced I'd posted this on personal and it took me a while to realise why it hadn't appeared over there!