1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

For Artboyusa and any other NE experienced person

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Im trying hard to make my mind up about where to stay in NE
    The first night is Boston and then the last 3 nights back in Boston to explore the city
    What I am after is 3 towns I can use as a base to explore the areas from.
    So I have thought of
    Manchester/Concorde.enabling me to explore the coast areas
    or
    maybe far up to Bangor(looks to much wild for my wife)
    then move over to white mountains I did think Jefferson till I saw the prices. I want to go up mt Washington in a cog train.

then to say Woodstock for exploring the green mountains
    and then back to Boston
    we wont have the car in Boston,,,,but we have it for 10 out of the 14 days.
    I really would appreciate your opinions and experience in this as i realise I wont see it all but want to see a range of the area.
    If you have better suggestions lets know.
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

No car in Boston is no problem. You'll get around fine on the T. I would skip Concord or Manchester (nice but not a lot going on) and stay in Ogunquit ME instead. Great place and you'll be able to access the outlet stores at Kittery and Freeport easily and its right on the coast. Then you can head north as far as you want and cut over to NH and then head south to Boston. Don't preplan too much; there's lots to see and its all good, so take your time and follow your nose is my advice.

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Trouble is Mrs Oldy doesn't want to 'flow' she likes a base for a few days.One reason we cant use B&B's in the UK she cant stand moving on each day. It was the reason that originally we were going to us a RV i..at least it would have been her mobile home.but in the end could not afford it
    So I do have choose areas and then tour......
    Thanks for replying though.

4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Why not a base in Maine for a few days or even Vermont? The areas are quite small and you could still explore.....

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

That's what I'm saying. Find a place you like, hang there and schmooze about at will.

6. FluffyKittyKat

FluffyKittyKat Occasional commenter

That's a pity. It's a great place.

sabrinakat likes this.