1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

For Ambridge fans only - hurray for Kenton and Jolene!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Mar 2, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

At last Kenton and Jolene are getting it together - I'm so pleased for them both. At last, something worth listening for. It's given me quite a lift. I love Kenton's voice although he can be such an idiot. After all the misery we really need some happiness to listen to.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

At last Kenton and Jolene are getting it together - I'm so pleased for them both. At last, something worth listening for. It's given me quite a lift. I love Kenton's voice although he can be such an idiot. After all the misery we really need some happiness to listen to.

3. I haven't listened to The Archers for ages.
    What happened to old drony moany Cathy?
    And won't Jolene be too downmarket for the Archer family?

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Cathy is sulking because Tony doesn't like her spending so much time round at theirs, so drony moany is still a fair description.
    I'm sure the Archer family would be mightily relieved for anyone to take Kenton on, they accepted George Barford so they have form - not all spouses have to own a stately pile.
    I know far too much about this !

5. I don't remember her and Kenton splitting up.
    What happened?

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

He was obsessed with setting up his club and became completely unreliable and then when Sid died (did you know that) he just got everything wrong, didn't support Jamie very well and upset Cathy - it was doomed really. She kicked him out.

7. Sid died???????

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You remember he had a bad heart - well, when he went out to New Zealand to see his daughter, he dropped dead. Jolene was devastated. She has been like a zombie for months but Kenton has befriended her but now has really fallen for her - and she has fallen for him too - yay!!

9. Oh, poor Sid.
    They're really killing off the old cast members.

10. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

Last night's episode was quite sweet.

11. I've started to watch that stupid cooking programme on a Sunday morning instead of listening to the omnibus.
    I've obviously missed out.

12. Jolene seems to be making a habit of taking up with Kathy's exes. I still shudder at the shower scene with Sid. I am not over fond of either of them, but Jolene really annoys me.

13. moose2

moose2 New commenter

Yeah!!!! This has made me happy, I know, how sad am I?

14. Well Norman Painting died while still playing Phil.
    Alan Devereux wanted to retire.
    I think the only one who didn't necessarily want to leave was Graham Seed, but he was sacrificed for the big Anniversary!
    It is sad though.
    I like Kenton and Jolene together though - Cathy might just explode when she finds out!