1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

For all you cheapskate/eco friendly folk

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 11, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I would be the bah humbag who sent a response about annoying use of "all staff emails".

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I find that the miserable gits never check their emails[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Bob!

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

thanks blazer, there is my e card sorted!

hope you got the powerpoint sorted!

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I sort of gave up on the ppt. I could get the wmvs but it was slow and then when I got them I couldn't get ppt to start them where I wanted. So in the end I have got a 60 tune music quiz instead. PPT seems to handle music files far better and you can edit them.

Well that is an hour on the last day sorted. I'll put it on the school system tomorrow so everyone can use it.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You can put it on TES so I can use it if you like!

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

yep mp3 files are much smaller so easier to process.

If you where to put the video file on the system then link it in it will be quicker, as all you are doing is pasting a link to it, not embedding it to the power point.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Trouble is the ppt is quite a small file but 60 music files take up too much space to send out or save on TES plus there would probably be copyright issues.

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We do this already with lesson ppts but our school system can be so slow that the chances are that when you came to use it it would either not run, run at a snail's pace or crash the school system. Especially if a dozen or more form tutors were trying to use it at the same time.