1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Footballistically played...

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by AVDBA, Sep 28, 2019.

1. AVDBA

AVDBA New commenter

Aiming to show that they are the greatest teams, Manchester United and Liverpool proposed a football championship, choosing T Brazilian teams, establishing a rule. According to this rule: a victory, 1 point worth; a draw, half point worth; a defeat, no points worth; each team plays against each other only once. Studying a scenario under which the English teams jointly totalize E points, each Brazilian team totalizes the same quantity B of points, being 16 the maximum number of Brazilian teams. Under this scenario, determine: a) E; b) the minimum number of Brazilian teams.

2. DM

DM New commenter

Seriously now, could you stop spamming this forum?

3. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

yes AVDBA please stop. This is a teacher discussion forum not a problem sharing forum.

4. AVDBA

AVDBA New commenter

Thanks adamcreen. So, this is not a correct place for sharing math problems.

5. AVDBA

AVDBA New commenter

Do You really think I have the intention of doing that by sharing math problems? I have not that intention. I respect Your point of view. Thanks.

6. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

I suggest that all such problems could go on one thread. That way we're all happy - those who enjoy problems can share them but they don't clutter up the forum.

Maybe the moderators can combine those threads already created?
    @TES_Rosaline

strawbs and gainly like this.
  7. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Good idea

8. AVDBA

AVDBA New commenter

Well, these problems have been posted under moderation. By defining their tags, the intention was to organize them accordingly. It seemed the correct place for posting math problems to be shared under educational purposes: a math forum composed of educators. I am not going to post new problems, respecting the opinions. I would like to thank You.

9. AVDBA

AVDBA New commenter

Just to complete the proposed problem:
    Ans.: a) 8; b) 9.