1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foot through the ceiling

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I have just managed to put my ***** foot through my son's ceiling while in the loft getting down suitcases. I feel like a right idiot and I have hurt my back in the process. This was about 15 minutes after banging myself on the head with the car door. Just hoping I can get to bed without anymore mishaps.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

LOOK OUT!!!!

Oops. Too late.

3. Lol..might attempt going very slowly up the stairs now..

4. Just before Xmas Mrs. Dekka finally nagged me into fitting the new lights in the bathroom and shower room. Easy job I thought until I realised I would have to rewire everything from the roof space above. There's a good foot of fluffy insulation up there covering everything and then all the complex roof trusses make access very difficult across the beams . So I managed the first one OK. Bit hot and sweaty but no problem, then for the second I had to worm my way further in and around and over some complex woodwork comprising the next roof truss whilst carefully balancing on the ceiling beams so I didn't put my foot (or all of me!) through the ceiling. Finally got the job done and then realised that while getting in was difficult I ..errr, couldn't worm my way out backwards. I was stuck.
    And of course Mrs. Dekka had gone shopping.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

You must be a very cross dekka.

6. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

OMG Are you still up there? Has no-one let you out?

7. Well I did get a little bit panicky but managed to extricate myself after about an hour - bruised and covered in that fibre glass insulation stuff.

Mrs. Dekka said she liked the lights (after she gave me one of her "stop being a baby " looks.