1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foodie Quiz Show

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Bethannie, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

There's a foodie quiz on BBC2 tonight
    A Question Of Taste at 7:30
    Don't know what it'll be like, but I think I'll give it a go.....might pass a half hour!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I saw that too. Looking forward to it!

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

It'll either be great or totally terrible!
    I'll record it. Mrs909 might actually kill me if I insist on watching it.

4. BelleDuJour

We should enter a team of Tessers!

5. What a load of rubbish! How could they not know it was chocolate and not recognise a marrow scoop?
    We should definitely have a TES team. We'd wipe the floor with the opposition!

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Only on the condition we come up with a better team name than they have!!!

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I was screaming at the TV!!!

8. BelleDuJour

Well that won't be difficult!
    BTW Cosmos...............I too was shouting 'marrow scoop!' (amongst other things!)

9. Yes, I was shouting a lot of other things too!
    I used to make the shooter's sandwich for Mr C when he went off on his Boxing Day shoot along with a flask of bramble gin. He was the most popular man there!

10. henriette

henriette New commenter

I felt soooooo clever!!!
    "Even" A (aged 12) knew at least 30% of the answers!
    So... shall we???? Or will it be dropped after 6 episodes (my guess) ?

11. Only problem is we have so many knowledgeable people and only three places available.....

12. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

It was actually quite good fun participating in bauble's Christmas quiz over on Personal. Maybe we could organise something similar on here about food? Beth has the time to do it, so I nominate her to set the quiz.

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I can think of some questions whilst I'm in hospital!! That's when I'm not listening to my earworms Arabic!! or Deep Purple!!

14. I didn't even realise it was on! How did I miss that?! So, what's the concensus on the prog....good or bad?

15. I didn't even realise it was on! How did I miss that?! So, what's the consensus on the programme....good or bad?

16. henriette

henriette New commenter

She may say she doesn't: her school holidays may be long, but so are her school days!

17. henriette

henriette New commenter

Forgive me: i read "Beth" as "Belle"
    Do you have time, Bethannie?

18. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

pish poor show

bad questions

horrible host

and wouldn't let us on

if this make a second series ill eat...urm Santa's cooking!

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The questions were laughably easy!!

20. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I was another one shouting at the screen! And the thought that perhaps Cookery TESers (sans me!) could make a better team certainly occurred to me!
    I thought it was poorly produced too. The TV audience didn't always get a good view of he photos.
    Hah! I could make a much better quiz.....
    !
    Maybe I should give it some more thought!
    The Cookery Easter Quiz perhaps?.....I'll need a little time to gather my questions....when does Easter fall this year?.....and I understand that as quizmaster/mistress I am entitled to various bribes!
    'A Question Of Taste' is running for 6 episodes...by the end of the next one I'll probably have decided that either Cookery Quizzes are impossible...or I'll have already got the first round of my own quiz done!