1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Food teachers.....Jamie's Home Cooking Skills

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by nuttychick, Jul 15, 2011.

1. have you started to deliver this as yet????
    I am struggling to put together a SOW and wondering if anyone could network with me to build one together/share ideas etc

2. I'm at the point of doing a SOW for BTEC home cooking skills level 1. Did you manage to get hold of one or do one that you could share?

3. Hi I've been given this to teach this year and I am not a DT teacher or anything like it, so could do with as much help as possible. I am struggling to find how many hours, I have the spec but it seems a huge amount to teach in one and half hours a week. Also I looked at the spec which gave a suggested outline and it looks to me that "eggs" could take 3 weeks!!! Help.

4. I've been asked to deliver this next year and I have no idea where to start, I've only just finished my NQT year and have had no contact what so ever with btec courss, any advice, SOW's resources anything as i'm pretty terrified right now that I have no idea what I' doing!

5. I am teaching this and happy to share with you any ideas. I started a scheme of work which i can send you. Its not complete as I find following the spec exactly saves more planning. I am just about to do the assessment.
    sallycartwright@sky.com

6. I am teaching this to some disapplied students within my GCSE lessons. The students are enjoying the freedom to cook which is great. I have some examples of assessment and some bits and pieces, I went through QRD this morning and all was fine, just a bit worried that students may fly through it a bit fast and need something else to do.
    IA x

7. Hi, I have been thrown in at the deep end to teach this first time around and I am not Food Tech or DT trained. I would love to see the scheme of work you have started ! ( I have accessed everything on the website). Thankyou so much, in advance, looking forward to hearing from you. Jlacey@ontrackeducation.com /lacey_family@hotmail.com

8. Hi, I have been thrown in at the deep end to teach this first time around and I am not Food Tech or DT trained. I would love to see the scheme of work you have started ! ( I have accessed everything on the website). Thankyou so much, in advance, looking forward to hearing from you. Jlacey@ontrackeducation.com /lacey_family@hotmail.com