1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Food room been used for Registration

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by dt tech, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Do you have your food room been used for a registration group? If so is this the Food tech teachers group or does another member of staff use the room?
    Thanks

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

In one school I've been in they did, it was the food teachers form. x

3. Yes, I use it and I'm a Food teacher.
    x

4. Both our food rooms are used by food teachers as form rooms - same at my last school, but interestlingly workshops are not BUT were at my last school.

5. Yes I have a registration group in my foood room. No special dispensation.

6. Both of our food tech rooms are used as tutor bases and neither tutor is tech, let alone food tech

7. NO! None of our Tech rooms are used, and neither of our 2 Food rooms are used. Students in our school use the tutor bases at lunchtimes with minimal supervision- so safety & hygiene would be a big issue... not so bad if you are only registering in an area specially kept for theory work I suppose?!

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I've been going into schools on supplyand every Food room so far has also been a tutor group room, sometimes with the Food tech teacher as the tutor and sometimes with another teacher.
    It's very awkward setting up for practicals when a tutor group are in the room and it's necessary to quickly go round sanitising tables before the first lesson can start.