1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Food processor - advice for choosing new one

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by rosaespanola, Jan 29, 2012.

1. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

My (very cheap, bought at a time of low funds) food processor seems to have stopped being watertight, so anything you put in there ends up dribbling down the side of the bowl. This is clearly not a good state of affairs, so I'm in need of a new one and happily funds are not quite as low as they were so I'm not restricted to just buying the cheapest possible one I can find. That said though, I'm wondering how much I'd have to spend to get one that's going to do a good job and isn't just going to break down after a couple of years. I don't want to spend a fortune (I was thinking maybe up to about £60?) but equally I don't want to have to spend that much buying a new one every few year. What do people think - is a £60 food processor that much better than a £30 one, or do you have to go for one of the £100+ ones for it to make a difference?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've got a Magimix and a small Lakeland one, which compared to the other one is rubbish!! The lid has lost some of its side, due to being dropped, the blade isn't very efficient, regret having spent £25 on it.
    However the Magimix is a dream, workd brilliantly, chops brilliantly etc. So my advice would be a Magimix, you could take a look on the internet and see how much a refurbished one is.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Had a look but the one I have is now over £200, Kenwood is a decent make, so try those.
    The other idea is to look on your local Freegle, there is one on the Lewes Freegle page.