1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Food and Traditions Project / Scotland - France - Italy

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by Emma_Biology, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Emma_Biology

Emma_Biology New commenter

Hello everyone,

I am a Science teacher in a secondary school called "College des Baous" on the French Riviera in France.
    It is located in a village called Saint Jeannet, 20 kilometers from Nice.

I am looking for a Scottish Secondary School partner to start a project about Food, Cooking and Traditions in September 2016. (I hope I am writing in the right section of the forum).

My pupils are 13 years old and are learning English and Italian.
    We have already a partnership with a school in Italy.

- Pupils can start with introducing themselves (emails, videos, etc …)

- They could work on different activities about food, health, eating habits, traditions and then share their work .

They could even write and swap some recipes (why nor create an online cookbook?)

- We could organise a European Breakfast Festival at school where pupils could taste food from different countries.

Would you like to join our project?

Kind Regards,

Emma

2. LINGUIST2

LINGUIST2 New commenter

Hi
    Just came across your post, wondered if you are still in France and if you ever managed to do your project. I am a French teacher in Scotland if you ever wanted to try another project. Are you French/British?

3. Hi Linguist2, I am an English teacher in a vocational college in France and I'm looking for someone who would like to join a project with me. I don't have any clear idea on what the project would be. I just want pupils to get closer to the British civilisation :)

Regards,

Karen R.

4. LINGUIST2

LINGUIST2 New commenter

Hi
    Sorry for the delay in replying as I've just seen your post. I would definitely be interested in this - could we exchange emails or discuss this further?
    Thanks

5. Emma_Biology

Emma_Biology New commenter

Hi there,
    So sorry for my late response! I haven't been on the forum for ages!
    Yes I am still a Science / Biology teacher in France.
    Linguist2 : where are you teaching? How old are your pupils?
    Regards,
    Emma

6. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

I may be interested