1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Font Identification

Discussion in 'Personal' started by AmberJ, Jun 11, 2011.

1. The information is in Comic Sans

If you mean the actual item for sale ... it is clearly a bespoke font

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It would appear to be a reference to Elmer the Patchwork Elephant, so it must therefore be an elefont.

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

On a more helpful note, why not try a Google image search for 'patchwork font' or similar?

3. If you want to recreate something similar, you can do it in Publisher - it's not necessarily a bespke font.
    First find a picture (I googled "elmer patchwork") and save it to your computer.
    Then in Publisher, type your text in wordart, click to format the fill and select your picture. Select "lock aspect ratio" sothe picture doesn't distort.
    Your text should then have the picture/pattern as its background.

4. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

That's a great idea, I'd never thought of doing it before but it would be great for displays, thank you!

5. Thank you Whacko! I never realised this could be done either. What a fantastic effect!

6. wellingtonboot

wellingtonboot New commenter

I don't have Publisher but have just tried and found that it also works in Word! Brilliant - thank you!

7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

8. Good game! As an aside, if anyone is suggesting using Comic Sans in any way, shape or form, I will hunt you down and haunt your dreams and stab you to death with a sharpened serif!

9. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

10. Thank you very much. Like the link a lot. It's now bookmarked and likely to be used when some plank attempts a Comic Sans use in my presence.

11. It could well be copyrighted.

12. You can do the same with Wordart in word..choose your style (the plain black outlined one is the best), choose your font, then go into wordart properties and you can choose a picture instead of colour.
    I do this all the time and have taught many a colleague to do it too!

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm not clear what you need to know. You know how to make it, so why not just make it?

14. Oh, in hindsight does the OP just mean the actual shape of the lettering, as opposed to the filling?

15. I think so - which is why I said it is probably copyrighted.

16. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

There's not enough of it to be certain anyway, I'd suggest.

It's pretty non-descript, I'd say.

17. Well, to answer both questions.
    The actual font is probably copyrighted and not available.
    It is possible to recreate the same kind of font with the methods already given.
    [​IMG]