1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Following threads we've posted on

Discussion in 'Personal' started by InkyP, Feb 23, 2016.

1. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

What's happened to the little avatar on the threads we've posted on? It was useful for following up the threads if you're quickly browsing through - I can't always remember what I've commented on.

cissy3 likes this.
  2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It's still there on my screen on the threads I've posted on.

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Ooh!! I thought it was just me missing things, but you're right. However, it's not uniform. Some threads have the avatar and some don't.

Strange!!

4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Ah yes. I see that now.

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Ha ha ha!! Would you believe it? My avatar hasn't appeared on this thread!!!

Is someone taking the wee wee?? :confused:

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I must admit I don't quite follow how 'threads you watch work exactly'. It's only when I go into 'All Watched threads ' that I find a 'sensible list' of ones I've actually commented on.

However from my understanding, and I could easily be wrong, your avatar is there if you've 'posted a comment' and not if you've only looked at the thread.

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

That is not the case at the moment, Lara.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You're right as my avatar hasn't come up on this thread which I have posted on.

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Ha! Now there are blue spots by the side of the thread we haven't posted on. See if you agree.

InkyP likes this.
  10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I mean that when you log in to Personal there used to be your avatar beside threads you had commented on which made it easier to go back to them. @DRAGONLADY said her avatar was still on some of them but not all, it's gone from all of mine.

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

But I have posted on the Top 10 Adverts Complaints thread and it's got a blue spot.

Lascarina likes this.
  12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Surely the blue dot means that there have been new posts since you last looked at the thread?

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

See if it's gone from all of the threads you've posted on on the second page of posts. My little avatar is showing on older threads I have posted on.

cissy3 likes this.
  14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Maybe the little avatars have been banned so we shouldn't be discussing them.;) Careless talk costs lives.:p

cissy3 likes this.
  15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I have no mini-me for this thread.

16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Yes it's there.

Lascarina likes this.
  17. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I have blue dots for threads I've looked at, but not posted on ......

Edit: but not all..............

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

You're just being awkward.

cissy3 likes this.
  19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Maybe the little avatar is now only given as an award for good behaviour like the siggies are.

20. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

And talking of coloured dots, why have we all got blue dots by our avatars, apart from cissy and Lara. This place gets more cryptic by the minute.