1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foggy spaced out feeling?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ff392, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Stressful time at the moment..... work and at home. This week feel well spaced out, somewhat swaying and just not on the same planet as eveyone else?
    Did a Google search (!!) - some links to anxiety? Is this true as I want to say I have a cold????

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Established commenter

I get so called 'silent' migraines, which cause this sort of feeling. I sometimes just feel very disconnected, a bit like being drunk, and at others I get a certain amount of visual disturbance. They are definitely related to stress. I'm lucky not to get the associated headache but the spaced out feeling on its own can be quite unpleasant. It got bad enough to go to the doctor at one time (I had it diagnosed years ago) recently and he gave me migraine pills to take if it got bad. The next time I had it I took one of the pills and they gave me terrible pains in my shoulders, which turned out to be a recognised side effect. So I just put up with it now. I also sometimes get speech disturbance which is very weird. I know what I want to say but it doesn't come out quite right, or I sound a bit delerious. I know it's wrong but I can't say the right thing!I sometimes have difficulty finding the right word and this is apparently a result of the silent migraines. There's lots about it on the internet.
    So you can say you have a suspected silent migraine or acephalgic migraine.