1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Foccacia

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by beckycharles, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

After watching The Great British Bakeoff on Tuesday I decided to attempt to make foccacia using this recipe:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/focaccia_08389
    Apparently the dough should be rather wet to get the correct texture at the end. But mine doesn't even look like dough at the minute, rather like a very thick cake batter.
    I have attempted to follow the method and it is now rising in the car (hehe, the only warm place I can find, even if the neighbours think i'm mad!).

Any how, do you think it will work or be a complete disaster? Next time should I use more flour or less water?
    Thanks!
    Becky

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've been making Foccaccia for years, showed a video of Michael Barry making it to a year 9 class and they were all so enthused and kept asking if they could make that f uk catcher bread. Needless to say the correct word was written in their homework diaries and for I think it was the first time, all turned up with the ingredients for the lesson.

Anyway, I digress, I find a really long slow riding leads to the best results, you'll need to try and keep experimenting, I've got a dough in the fridge that is on it's 4th day I think foccaccia is on the cards for breakfast tomorrow.

3. Thanks, Lapin. It actually doesn't look too bad now i've managed to get it on the tray. Fingers crossed!

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe Belle could slap it under her saddle, but I did mean rising!!