1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

flymos and plastic blades..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sunblest, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Does anyone know the trick to replacing the plastic blades? I just can't get them to click into the holes. I can see where they go but they just won't snap in and it's driving me bonkers.
    Is there a trick to this? Please share. I'm close to throwing into next doors garden.

2. Set the wheel/base to 12 o'clock.....turn off the power....and then .....point the blade to 3 o'clock and...twist and pop....twist and pop.....don't pop and twist. Whatever you do ..twist and pop....DO NOT pop and twist.

3. You just have to keep wiggling them! I ended up replacing my one to have a lawnmower with one solid blade as t annoyed me so much!

4. Stick the blade end through first and it should just click into place. There's bound to be a video on youtube...

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Ditto. Works well and actually the logical way to do it.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Ditch the weedy plastic blades altogether, fit the evil metal one in its place and buy some steel toe-capped boots. Far more effective.

7. I love my Flymo. It was cheap, has lasted ages and doesn't baulk at anything, even when I wave it sideyways and use it as a strimmer/hedgetrimmer substitute.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My flymo has died. I killed it. I have loads of blades though.
    Sadly, however **** the weather has been all summer, it hasn't stopped the grass from growing. I may have to borrow a lawnmower soon.

9. Honestly, little Flymo, about thirty quid - bargain.

10. Thanks all!
    I'll have another go and I'll visit youtube so I can see it being done. It's so frustrating to see how easy it's supposed to be but not quite be able to do it. I'd started to think there might be a gadget required.
    Bauble, twist and pop you say? I'm going to do it to zumba music.
    I'd given up and gone off to Sainsburys to buy the makings of a lamb roast dinner. If you can't cut the grass it's the best you can do.
    It was delicious.
    Thanks again.

11. I seem to have the wrong blades. No wonder they didn't go in.