1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flying Lessons

Discussion in 'Personal' started by qu1annie, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Has anyone got any good recommendations of companies/places that do flying lessons? (Based in South/South-East.) It's for my FiL's 65th birthday. I had a quick google and lots of companies came up, but since it's not something I've ever looked into I'm not sure where to start. We're looking for somewhere that will give him around an hour's lesson and some actually hands on flying.

2. Has anyone got any good recommendations of companies/places that do flying lessons? (Based in South/South-East.) It's for my FiL's 65th birthday. I had a quick google and lots of companies came up, but since it's not something I've ever looked into I'm not sure where to start. We're looking for somewhere that will give him around an hour's lesson and some actually hands on flying.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

there is a good place in Maidenhead - is that too far?

4. Nope - can you let me know the name please? Thanks

5. Lydd airport is great, it's very friendly and plenty for friends and family to do whilst waiting. My son started with a trial lesson here for his 18th birthday and is now well on the way to getting his PPL. He was completing a 'solo landing' for the first time last week - one of the guys from air traffic control ran down to the bar to let us know he was on his way back in, so we didn't miss his landing!

http://www.lyddaero.co.uk/html/first_flying_lesson.html