1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flying in very early pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    This is going to seem rather premature, but would like a few thoughts please. AF is due on Saturday, this is the day we fly to New York! Have had a couple of symptoms and am going to test mid-week, but I am still hoping to fly even if it's a BFP. Have been checking on google and all sites say it's safe, but what do you guys think. Anyone got experience of flying long haul so early?

2. my friend flew a couple of days after missing her period and is now 27 weeks.

3. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

Hey,
    I found out I was 2-3 weeks pregnant on the Thursday and flew to New York on the Sunday. Spent 4 days there then flew to Las Vegas to get married (was pre-planned before pregnancy before you ask...!). Spent 10 days touring USA then had a 9 hour flight back from San Francisco. Apart from being absolutely wrecked from the flight and yucky morning sickness I was fine and am now 34 weeks (and still married :) )
    I suspect it is different for eveyone and theres probably something in the worries of flying in early pregnancy but just weigh up your options and if you feel happy then go for it!

x

4. You'll be fine. The only thing you may need to do is double check your travel insurance documentation in case you need to notify them that you're pregnant. I flew to New York at 31 weeks and was absolutely fine!! Fingers crossed for your bfp :)