1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fly On The Wall

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Shifter, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Mary has trying to explain to her parents she was up the duff.........
    ......." honest Mom and Dad, it was an angel, but Joseph says he'll stand by me."

2. There was a programme on the TV over Christmas (The Nativity?) that showed that the rather delicate revelation by Mary wasn't taken quite as well as she'd have hoped. Shunned by society etc.
    Doesn't mention that in the Bible, as far as I remember!

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Sh*t I missed that

4. Why wasn't she stoned to death?

5. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, the ***

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Think maybe Gabriel would have stopped it, or that old guy who sits in a throne in the clouds.

7. Forgiveness took precedence over stoning, so the fact that Joseph was seen to have "forgiven" Mary and went ahead with the marriage, is the reason she wasn't stoned.

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I think it was The Naivety.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I watched The Nativity when it was on but found myself completely distracted by the fact that Garrow (Joseph) had been painted an entirely unrealistic shade of mustard.

10. So he didn't take responsibility for the pregnancy. He was happy to take her on with (as must have been thought) another man's child inside her.
    No wonder it made the news.

11. Good job too - she might have had to apply for benefits and a council house otherwise.

12. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Oh well, at least they went on to form a stable relationship.