1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flouncers Corner

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by kibosh, Oct 15, 2015.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

. . . . . and run away!!

I do think that if people are going to flounce then they ought to have nice surroundings in which to do so. Soft lighting, comfy seating, gentle music playing in the background, smelling salts on every table, maybe even those Keep Calm and Carry On posters . . . or is that taking it too far . . . how about stress balls? Couple of elliptical cross trainers in the corner?

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

You leave my stressed balls out of this.
    And as for flounces...
    upload_2016-1-9_22-43-15.png

Attached Files:

kibosh likes this.
  3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but where's the apostrophe in the title, @kibosh ?!

4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

It's silent?

kibosh likes this.
  5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

The flouncee's need somewhere to sit
    upload_2016-2-16_0-3-40.jpeg

sabrinakat, kibosh and Sillow like this.
  6. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

The apostrophe? Oh, it flounced. :oops:
    Double woops, just noticed the pic of an apostrophe shaped sofa . . . great idea :)

sabrinakat likes this.
  8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Flere mentioned that flouncers needed a staircase on which to make their exit from TES, or their entrance to this corner of TES . . . .this one looks the job

[​IMG]

Flere-Imsaho and sabrinakat like this.
  9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I suggest that flouncers entering Flouncer's Corner walk DOWN the stairs and that flouncers exiting the forums for good, walk UP the stairs.

10. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I think there's space mid-way on the staircase, for a chaise-longue. Dramatic brow-wiping being de rigueur, of course ;)

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I like that. I imagine that the top landing would be the place for furtive backward glances and hesitation, maybe a trembling bottom lip and big, sad eyes, as those leaving check for pleas to stay. There's also room for a bit of sashaying, twirling and generally showing off ones taffeta. The very bottom of the staircase should be left furniture free - room for tantrum throwing, writhing, frothing at the mouth and talking in tongues.

Do you think we need people to staff the Corner?

sabrinakat likes this.
  12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Not so good for people with bad knees!

13. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

There's an escalator at both sides. You'd just have to be careful not to get the boa caught in it as you toss it nonchalantly over your shoulder.

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I hate escalators and boas. When I go, it will be in my usual grey skirt, black top and cardie and I'll go out by the back door in the dead of night.

15. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

You could use a Stannah.....

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

17. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I'm not sure you quite get the concept of flouncing.
    ;)

sabrinakat likes this.
  18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Moi! Not get the concept, when I've been in and out of the Tate Modern more times than you've had hot dinners! What I am exploring is the sotto voce flounce, the minimal, emotionless flounce, the flounce that has deep, lasting and chilling Stygian impact. It is penumbral with subtle shades of loss and desolation accompanied by the distant chords of The Last Post played on a war damaged musical instrument.

rosievoice, kibosh and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

So there is. Why hadn't I noticed them :eek:

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Now this is the stuff that Pseuds Corner should be full of. :p

sabrinakat likes this.